Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Plan
This page is being continually updated as new information becomes available. We will share local, state, national and global information as it relates to our community.
If you have additional questions about COVID-19 in Minnesota, contact the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) hotline at 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903, 7 a.m to 7 p.m. The Minnesota Department of Education and Minnesota Department Human Services hotline is addressing community mitigation questions related to school, child care or business. Call 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Minnesota Department of Education has updated their family webpages on the Safe Learning Plan for the 2020-21 School Year. The updates include additional information about COVID-19 Saliva Testing for Minnesota Students, which may now be taken at school for middle and high school students, and on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Minnesotans age 12 and older. Webpages are available in English, Hmong, Karen, Somali, and Spanish. https://education.mn.gov/MDE/dse/health/covid19/index.htm
Minnesota Department of Education Notices and Resources
Minnesota Department of Education
Make A Plan Minnesota
COVID Safety Videos
Cleaning Hands With Hand Sanitizer
Covid 19 Symptoms PSA
COVID-19 Mask Do’s and Don’ts
How to Safely Wear Your Mask
Testing for COVID-19
- When can I return to work if someone living with me is sick with COVID-19?* English
- When can I return to work after being sick with COVID-19?* English
- Mask 101 with Kris Ehresmann English
- Mask 101: How Masks Reduce COVID-19 Transmission English
- Mask 101: Why wear a mask when you feel fine? English
- Mask 101: Different Types of Masks English
Limpieza de manos con desinfectante
Sintomas de COVID-19
COVID-19. Lo que debemos y no debemos hacer con la mascarilla
Pruebas de COVID-19
Ku nadiifinta gacmaha nadiifiyaha gacmaha
Kala Fogaanshaha Bulshada
Hab-dhaqannada Ugu Fiican ee Maaskaraha COVID-19
Как чистить руки антисептическим раствором
Практические рекомендации по использованию масок в связи с COVID-19
Тестирование на COVID-19
2019-2020 Communication & Distance Learning Plan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Plan
This plan for addressing any Coronavirus incident is intended to serve the best interests of students, employees and families. Preventing Coronavirus Incidents:
Progeny Academy encourages students, staff members and volunteers to continue the following measures to avoid contracting the Coronavirus and avoiding the spread of it if they unknowingly have it:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for a minute each time
- Covering their coughs by coughing into their arm—not hands
- Staying home when sick
- Avoiding touching their face with unwashed hands
- Hand-shakes and touching of each other should be discouraged
- Touching uncleaned objects (like door handles and faucet handles) with clean hands should become an issue of awareness
- Maintaining a 6 foot distance between individuals as much as possible
School Closing Information
Providing Education During School Closure
During school closure, the Progeny intends to provide instruction to students in all affected grades. This will be accomplished through the use of online learning and the utilization of additional school resources (work packets, textbooks).
Following an Executive Order issued by Governor Walz, the Minnesota Department of Education has stated that online learning will not start until after March 30. Because Progeny Academy’s spring break falls over this time period, we will tentatively resume instruction on April 6.
This will require the full cooperation of students, teachers and parents to make this instruction meaningful and in compliance with the full expectations of Minnesota statutes.
Instruction will be delivered primarily through the use of Google Classroom. This does not mean that students will be on technology for the entire amount of time, but they should have a balance of time on Google Classroom and work on the assignments given without technology.
- Students will have access to Google Classroom through their home devices. If families select to have hard copies of all assignments and activities, materials will be prepared and distributed to them. If families do not have access to technology, the school will loan school technology (Chrome books) for students to utilize during the closure (more information on the process coming soon).
- Students and teachers will follow the respective class schedule students would have in school and plan on having the same breaks, lunch and overall school day they would have if in school.
- Assignments from teachers will be posted by 9:00am.
- Any modification of the actual schedule students have normally followed at school will be communicated by the student’s advisory teacher.
- Progeny will make available a number of uses many digital resources as supplements to its curriculum, such as:
- Kahn Academy
- Reading A-Z
- Video resources such as Discovery Education.
- Many of the secondary curriculum textbooks are online and provide additional online resources.
In order to access instruction through the use of Technology and Google Classroom, students will need to log in according to specific directions by their teachers. Students will also be required to follow the directions of the teacher if the instruction is delivered utilizing packets, activities, textbooks, and other materials.
- Grading and assessments may be modified for the students, but it will be intended that Progeny’s Distance Learning Model will be equivalent to what students would have in school.
- Individual teachers will be responsible for grading the work of their students and recording those grades.
Grades will be updated regularly and posted into PowerSchool.
It will be important to the State of Minnesota that schools keep accurate attendance records. Attendance will be measured by daily checks with parents and by monitoring the entry of students into Google Classroom for instruction and schoolwork.
- The students’ access to Google Classroom and will indicate “attendance” at the instructional setting established by Progeny.
- Other means of checking “attendance” for students will be communicated to parents via email and phone call, and they will require parent cooperation.
Instruction When the Teacher Is Unavailable
There will be cases when teachers are unable to teach on a given day, and instruction will need to be provided by another teacher.
The instructional plan will continue to be in place even when the teacher assigned to the students is unavailable.
If there is no replacement teacher available on a given day, parents will be notified of that situation and the options for continuing instruction.
School Breakfast & Lunch
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, Progeny Academy will provide school breakfast & lunch for pick-up at student entrance (south door) Van Monday through Friday: 10:00am-12:30pm
Please continue to checks emails, phone calls and texts messages in case there is a need to change in site locations or pick times.
CAPI Food Shelf is an additional resource available for our community families as well as a great place to help our community during this hardship for many families.
Services During School Closure
- Progeny Academy is committed to regular communications with parents and the community during these events.
- Each student is assigned to an advisor where families can connect to submit inquiries and receive the most up to date information.
- Progeny has a Web page dedicated to Coronavirus information and procedures on the Web site.
- Progeny will provide timely information at that site, as well as any updates via email, text and phone as needed.
- Parents are encouraged to contact Progeny with educational questions or rumors about the illness possibly being in Brooklyn Center.
- Parents who are concerned about the virus itself should contact the Minnesota Department of Health hotline at 651-201-3920.
Bus services will be discontinued during school closure.
Care for Children of Families of Emergency Workers
Childcare for school age children ages 12 and under will be available to parents who are emergency first responders or work in the medical field and also for Progeny Academy staff. This option will be available starting Wednesday, March 18 and extend through March 27. If you are working in these fields and are in need of childcare, please fill contact the main office or your child’s advisor teacher.